Book Travel with Wego









Monday, July 20, 2009

Australians still travelling to Bali

Jetstar, Virgin Blue and Garuda airlines have told The Age newspaper that Australian government advice to reconsider travelling to Indonesia, including Bali, was not deterring passengers from visiting the tourist hot-spot.

Australians are being warned by the Federal Government of a high risk of another terrorist attack in Indonesia following the bombings of the JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton hotels in Jakarta that killed nine people, including three Australians.

Jetstar spokesman Simon Westaway said Australians tended to react calmly to international threats and passengers were not cancelling tickets.

"Whether or not it is stopping someone from going in and booking a flight today, it's hard to tell," he said.

He said passengers planning to travel to Jakarta had been offered the chance to defer their travel at no cost this week.

Garuda Melbourne sales manager Ian Murton said the airline had one cancellation yesterday on a Bali flight and the passenger had told him it was due to illness.

"As of now we are monitoring the phones and we've had no negative reaction but some people book through wholesalers and travel agents and we might not be able to tell for another 24 to 48 hours," he said.

A Virgin Blue spokeswoman said the airline had not noticed any impact on its Bali bookings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...