Lingshui is a county-level city located in the southern part of Hainan Province, China. Here is an overview of Lingshui:
- Location: Lingshui is situated on the southeastern coast of Hainan Island, bordering the South China Sea. It is approximately 90 kilometers southeast of Haikou, the provincial capital of Hainan.
- Climate: Lingshui enjoys a tropical monsoon climate with warm temperatures throughout the year. Summers are hot and humid, while winters are mild. The city experiences a significant amount of rainfall, particularly during the wet season from May to October.
- Tourism and Natural Attractions: Lingshui boasts beautiful natural landscapes and is known for its pristine beaches, clear waters, and lush tropical scenery. Some notable attractions in and around Lingshui include:
- Nantian Hot Springs: This hot springs resort is famous for its natural hot springs with therapeutic properties, offering visitors a chance to relax and unwind.
- Yalong Bay National Resort: Located east of Lingshui, Yalong Bay is a popular tourist destination known for its white sandy beaches, clear turquoise waters, and luxury resorts. It is often referred to as the "Oriental Hawaii."
- Binglanggu Li & Miao Cultural Heritage Park: This cultural park showcases the unique culture, traditions, and handicrafts of the Li and Miao ethnic minority groups residing in Hainan. Visitors can learn about their customs, folklore, and enjoy performances.
- Agriculture and Rural Life: Lingshui is characterized by its rural landscape, and agriculture is an important economic activity in the area. The region is known for producing coconuts, rice, tropical fruits, and other agricultural products.
- Transportation: Lingshui is well-connected by transportation networks. The Hainan East Ring High-Speed Railway passes through Lingshui, providing convenient access to other cities on the island. The city is also accessible by road and has a bus network connecting it to neighboring towns and cities.
- Local Cuisine: Lingshui offers a variety of local dishes that showcase Hainanese cuisine. Some popular dishes include Wenchang chicken, Jiaji duck, various seafood dishes, and coconut-based desserts.
Main photo: Clear Water Bay showing hotels and marina.