|Maple Leaf is a classic, 92-foot schooner.|
Adventure cruises by sail
For those that like their cruising off the beaten track and with a huge dose of nature, check out the adventure cruises by sailing ship offered from Maple Leaf Adventures.
Trips, aboard the 92-foot schooner Maple Leaf, explore Alaska, and B.C.’s Queen Charlotte Islands, Gulf Islands, Vancouver Island and Great Bear Rainforest.
The company was recently ranked the #3 adventure cruise company on earth by the editors of National Geographic Adventure magazine.
Like Galapagos cruises but in the lush rainforest islands of North America, the trips take place in peak wildlife areas accessible only by water. Highlights include getting up close to Alaska’s glaciers, and close encounters with humpback and killer whales, dolphins, seabirds and bears.
Trips take a small group of guests, who travel with expert guides, naturalist and chef among the islands and fjords of the coast. Plus cultural guides explain First Nations (native) cultural sites. Frequent shore excursions, soaks in natural hot springs and the peace of remote coves to anchor in at night are hallmarks of the trip.
· Gulf Islands in Spring, Apr 8-13, Apr 15-20, C $2050 all inclusive except air (approx AUD $2525) pp
· Inside Passage/Great Bear Rainforest, Apr 25-May 6, Sep 7-15, Sep 17-26, from C $4575 (approx AUD $5625) pp
· Queen Charlotte Islands, May 9-17, May 18-26, C $4250 all inclusive except air (approx AUD $5225) pp
· Alaska Adventure, May 29-Jun 9, Jun 9-20, C $5850 all inclusive except air (approx AUD $7200) pp
· Vancouver Island’s Wild Side & Whales & Totems, Jun 24-30, Sep 28-Oct 3, Oct 5-10, from C $2450 all inclusive except air (approx AUD $3000)
· Gulf Islands & Culinary Tour in Fall, Oct 15-20, Oct 22-27, from C $2050 all inclusive except air (approx AUD $2525)
ABOUT MAPLE LEAF ADVENTURES - Maple Leaf Adventures has been offering natural and cultural history cruises since 1986. We have a reputation as one of Canada's finest tour operators. A trip on Maple Leaf has been named by Frommer's travel guide as a "Best Travel Experience" and as one of the top 3 adventure cruise companies on earth by National Geographic Adventure magazine. Our multi-day excursions offer guests the opportunity to experience intimately the most beautiful places on the B.C. and Alaska coast and the Galapagos Islands, in the company of expert naturalists or historians, crew and chef. Info: www.MapleLeafAdventures.com, or +1-250-386-7245.