Monday, July 26, 2010
New Solo Passenger Offers on Athena and Princess Daphne
Classic International Cruises will debut complimentary cocktail parties for solo travellers and offer single supplements as low as 25 per cent on cruises from Australia and in Asia this summer aboard Athena and Princess Daphne.
"Our number of solo passengers is growing due to our attractive single passenger rates so to further help these passengers make new friends onboard, we are introducing a welcome aboard cocktail party for them," said Classic International Cruises Marketing Manager, Ann Hope.
"Our ships are smaller and therefore offer a very friendly and intimate atmosphere onboard, making it easier to meet up and make new friends while they enjoy a relaxing holiday together for the same length of time," Ms Hope said.
The solo traveller parties will feature live music and complimentary beverages and be held on the first night of cruises lasting seven or more nights aboard Athena – based in Fremantle, WA, this summer – and Princess Daphne, which will offer Far East cruises this summer from Singapore and Hong Kong for Australians. Ship officers will help host the cocktail parties.
Classic International Cruises will also offer solo passenger supplements as low as 25 per cent on a range of cruises this summer aboard Athena and Princess Daphne including *:
* a 35-night voyage aboard Athena from Rome to Fremantle, sailing November 14, 2010, via Egypt and Asia, from $7494 for solo passengers for single use of a cabin – a 25 per cent supplement on the twin-share fare
* an 11-night return cruise on Athena from Fremantle on January 10, 2011, to Bali for a three-day stay. Fares for solo passengers start at $2619 for sole use of a cabin, representing a 25 per cent supplement
* a 20-night return cruise on Athena from Fremantle on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2011, to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore and passing Christmas Island. Fares are available from $4313 for single use of a cabin, which is 25 per cent up on the twin fare
* a seven-day return cruise from Singapore to Malaysia and Thailand aboard Princess Daphne on January 6, 2011, from $1419 for solo travellers – a supplement of 25 per cent on the twin fare
Featuring onboard currencies of Australian dollars, both Athena and Princess Daphne are smaller, traditional liners offering fine cuisine, elegant bars and lounges, gym/spa, library, showlounge, spacious decks, pool, personal service and a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. All cabins on Athena and most on Princess Daphne boast a shower and a bathtub – a luxury only found in suites on the latest superliners.
Full details and bookings are available via travel agents or visit www.classicintcruises.com.
* Solo passenger fares are available in selected cabins and are subject to availability.
Posted by rodeime
Last 30 Days' Most Popular Posts
Sydney's Menzies Hotel was opened on 17th October 1963, by Premier R.J. Heffron and named after Sir Archibald Menzies, a pioneer in...
Explorers; Hume and Hovell, passed through the region around Gundagai, ancient home of the Wiradjuri people , in November 1824 and by t...
There's something for everyone here! Ideally located between Bendigo and Melbourne, the Castlemaine, Maldon and surrounding towns have ...
It was as a child in the Albury district that cartoonist Ken Maynard came to love the Ettamogah countryside, and he later immortalised ...
(BY OUR TRAVELLING CORRESPONDENT.) THE Royal Alfred Bridge connects North with South Gundagai. In 1852 the river Murrumbidgee flooded t...
david ellis WHEN travel agent Jenny Williams sets off for a cruise with one of her regular groups of mature-age singles travellers, she goes...