Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Crave Sydney Launch
Crave Sydney is a major new event celebrating Sydney’s unmatched way of life, offering 31 days of food, outdoor art and fun.
• Crave Sydney draws together:
o Sydney International Food Festival, 1-31 October
o Art & About, 1-25 October
o Darling Harbour Fiesta, 2-5 October
o Sydney Harbour Island Hopping, 3-25 October
o World’s Funniest Island, 17-18 October
o Seven Bridges Walk, 25 October
o Breakfast on the Bridge, 25 October
• Crave Sydney is the next new anchor event on the first ever NSW Master Events Calendar launched last October.
• Events NSW estimate Crave Sydney will generate more than $6 million in economic benefit for the State.
• Crave Sydney was created by Events NSW, on behalf of the NSW Government to drive tourism, attract investment and create jobs.
• For the full Crave Sydney program visit www.cravesydney.com
CRAVE SYDNEY EVENTS
The Sydney International Food Festival (1-31 October)
• The Sydney International Food Festival (SIFF) will run throughout October.
• The festival will replace the popular Good Food Month – growing the 11 year old event into something even bigger and better.
• A major highlight will be the World Chef Showcase - bringing together Sydney’s biggest names in food as well as top chefs from around the world.
• The Festival will also include Good Food Month favourites such as Hats Off dinners, Let’s Do Lunch and the Night Noodle Markets; a huge new program of community festivals and regional food events across NSW and a Barbecue Madness Launch weekend on 3 October.
• SIFF is presented by The Sydney Morning Herald.
Art & About (1-25 October) FREE EVENT
• Unique installations, exhibitions and events enliven the laneways, parks, galleries and spaces of the City of Sydney in this annual public art festival.
• Highlights include:
o Open Gallery – an exhibition of works by contemporary NSW Aboriginal artists on street banners across the City.
o Sydney Life – a stunning outdoor exhibition of large scale photographs in Hyde Park North.
o Laneways By George! – Discover unexpected worlds in eight laneways transformed by creative installations.
o Uncover Oxford Street - intriguing shop front performances and installations, live jazz, art market and the Live Green House – showcasing sustainable design.
o I Heart Kings Cross – a community knitting installation covering trees and street poles in Kings Cross.
• Art & About is presented by City of Sydney.
Darling Harbour Fiesta (2-5 October) FREE EVENT
• Fiesta is Australia’s largest Latin American and Spanish music and dance festival.
• Fiesta will feature 70 of the best Latin bands and dance groups with 800 performers on three outdoor stages around Darling Harbour.
• For the first time in the event’s 18 year history, the program will feature two international bands – double-Grammy award winners Aterciopelados (Colombia) and exclusive to Sydney, Venezuela’s finest salsa orchestra, Bailatino.
• Fiesta is presented by Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority.
Sydney Harbour Island Hopping (3-25 October)
• Sydney’s harbour islands will be open to explore, discover and share with an Island Hopper ferry ticket.
• Sydney Harbour Island Hopping will offer unique and exciting experiences for all ages on four islands - Fort Denison, Clark, Shark and Garden Islands.
• Clark Island will host the Perfect Picnic on 25 October.
• The Rodd Island Tea Dances on 21 and 22 October will be perfect for lovers of the music and dances of the 20’s, 30’s and 40’s.
• Sydney Harbour Island Hopping is presented by National Parks and Wildlife Service.
World’s Funniest Island (17-18 October)
• A two day comedy festival on Cockatoo Island, Sydney Harbour.
• With just one ticket, comedy fans can choose from 200 shows in 18 venues on Cockatoo Island.
• Acts include The Goodies and Alexei Sayle with locals Merrick & Rosso, Akmal, Fiona O’Loughlin, Heath Franklin’s Chopper, Tripod, Jimeoin, Scared Weird Little Guys, Sleek Geeks and more.
• Tickets include all shows plus ferry.
• World’s Funniest Island is presented by Australian Comedy Festival.
Seven Bridges Walk (25 October) FREE EVENT
• 25km walk around Sydney Harbour and over Sydney’s seven key bridges.
• A free community event for all ages where participants can start and finish at designated villages near one of the seven bridges along the walk.
• This year there will be an individual theme for the food, music and activities to give each Village a local community flavor.
• A great way to see Sydney, become active, improve health and raise money for four leading charities.
• Seven Bridges Walk is presented by the Pedestrian Council of Australia.
Breakfast on the Bridge (25 October) FREE EVENT
• Sydney Harbour Bridge will be transformed into the worlds most sought after breakfast destination.
• 6,000 lucky people will have the chance to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience on one of Australia’s most iconic landmarks.
• Images from Breakfast on the Bridge will be beamed around the world, showcasing again why Sydney is Australia’s number one destination.
• Breakfast on the Bridge is presented by the NSW Government and is part of Events NSW strategy to make Sydney and NSW Australia’s leading events destination
Posted by rodeime
Last 30 Days' Most Popular Posts
Sydney's Menzies Hotel was opened on 17th October 1963, by Premier R.J. Heffron and named after Sir Archibald Menzies, a pioneer in...
Gundula Holbrook from a 1921 painting Gundula Holbrook: I was born in Austria m the widow of the late Commander Norman Holbrook VC, the...
Motorcycle races at Woodside SA, October 1949. National Motor Museum Collection Racing and competition have been an important element of mo...
Source: kyogleweb.com.au - (offline) The Lions Road is an initiative of the Kyogle Lions Club. The Lions road forms a scenic link bet...
It was as a child in the Albury district that cartoonist Ken Maynard came to love the Ettamogah countryside, and he later immortalised ...
The station building, when opened, was rated as one of the select group of significant railway structures, surpassed only by regional stat...