Monday, September 7, 2009
Atlantis, The Palm Now Open
Largest Water Themed Attraction in the Middle East Opens its Doors and Welcomes First Guests
Atlantis, The Palm, the flagship resort of the revolutionary Palm Jumeirah opened its doors today and welcomed through the first guests. The much anticipated opening of Dubai's first integrated entertainment resort is set to enhance Dubai's incredible tourism proposition.
"Following an intense development period of long days and nights by a team of approximately 3,000, we are proud to introduce Atlantis, The Palm to our first guests and the public. Atlantis, The Palm is an entertainment destination that is truly different than anything that currently exists in the resort category in the region. When you combine 1,539 rooms of grand proportion, high design from talents like Jeffrey Beers, David Rockwell, Adam Tihany and Wilson Associates, an incredible water adventure at Aquaventure, a marine habitat of 65,000 marine animals, a beautiful stretch of beach, luxury boutiques, and numerous dining experiences with celebrity chef restaurants, we know we are giving people unparalleled experiences new to the Middle East," Alan Leibman, President/Managing Director, Kerzner International said.
Each of the 1,539 guestrooms and suites in the Royal Towers feature private balconies and views over the Arabian Gulf or The Palm Jumeirah. Rates start at AED 1675++ per night and guests may choose from a variety of accommodation including the indulgent:
* Imperial Club - a 'resort within a resort' with over 150 rooms and suites, exclusive services and private club lounge;
* Lost Chambers Suites - each three stories high with mesmerising views directly into the Ambassador Lagoon from the master bedroom, these two suites located within the Lost Chambers create an illusion of being beneath the sea whilst looking directly into the heart of Atlantis;
* Bridge Suite - spanning the Royal Towers, a private lift takes guests 22 storeys above Atlantis for heart-stopping views of The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai and The Arabian Gulf.
Water adventures, salt and fresh water attractions and an open-air marine habitat are the focal point of Atlantis, The Palm for both guests and visitors:
* AQUAVENTURE - a water playground of over 18 million litres of water, consisting of extraordinary rides with cascades, tidal waves and rapids, and the Mesopotamian-styled Ziggurat temple reaching over 30 metres into the sky and featuring seven heart-pumping water slides – two of which catapult riders through shark-filled lagoons;
* The Ambassador Lagoon – an 11 million litre OPEN-AIR marine habitat and underwater exhibit home to several hundred species of marine life, with a viewing panel looking right into the mystical ruins of Atlantis;
* The Lost Chambers - bringing the myth of Atlantis to life through a maze of underground tunnels offering underwater views into the boulevards of the ruins of Atlantis; and,
* Dolphin Bay – a 4.5 hectare state-of-the-art dolphin education and conservation centre allowing guests the opportunity to meet and interact with one of the world's most charismatic animals in an unparalleled facility.
DINING & NIGHTLIFE
17 restaurants, bars and lounges suit every taste – with choices from sophisticated seafood, innovative sushi, quick bites and foods from around the world - the doors are now open to the culinary mecca from our four famed celebrity chefs:
* World-class master chef and sushi mogul Nobuyuki Matsuhisa opens Nobu with partner Robert DeNiro;
* Michelin starred chef Giorgio Locatelli, one of London's most talked about Italian chefs, welcomes all to Ronda Locatelli;
* Parisian sensation and two star Michelin chef Michel Rostang debuts Rostang- The French Brasserie; and,
* Three star Michelin chef Santi Santamaria, known as 'The Architect of Food,' opens his first venture outside of Europe with Ossiano, a gourmet seafood restaurant.
The specialty restaurants are located along The Avenues - also home to Sanctuary – Atlantis, The Palm's state-of-the art nightclub and Dubai's newest hot-spot.
THE RETAIL COLLECTION
The Avenues, a sophisticated retail promenade of over two dozen shops features top names in fashion, design and local artistry. For those looking to indulge, Cartier, Paspaley, Levant, Harry Winston, Graff, Ahmed Sedeqqi and Sons, Tiffany and Company and Chopard offer the finest jewellery. The latest in fashion can be found at B More offering Roberto Cavalli, Hamac, Lacoste, Rodeo Drive, Leonard Paris, Villa Moda, and OndadeMar. Even children have luxury fashion at Angels. For those looking for cutting edge accessories, Porsche Design, Rivoli, The Counter and Faces. Finally, Bateel Dates offers an authentic taste of Arabia.
From surreal sea life to heart-pounding water slides, even the youngest guest will be able to explore Atlantis and its deep connection to water and the ocean. Specialized programmes for toddlers to teenagers feature dedicated facilities and age-appropriate activities with the interactive Atlantis Kids Club (4 to 12 years) and Club Rush, a fully supervised 'No Adults' private club for teenagers and pre-teens. The Zone satisfies those looking for the ultimate gaming challenge on the latest SEGA equipment.
The new two storey 1900 square metre Spa & Fitness Centre at Atlantis, The Palm will truly raise the bar among offerings in Dubai. Guests entering this haven of relaxation and well being are welcomed with earthy hues and streaming water pathways beginning their voyage to tranquillity and onto the entryway of the 27 treatment rooms where both wet and dry therapies are offered. The Royal Spa suite with exclusive entrance includes a private pedestal jetted tub, lounge area and terrace. The Spa also offers full salon services for His and Hers pampering and beautifying sessions.
Further information: visit www.atlantisthepalm.com
For reservations call: +971 4 426 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai
Atlantis, The Palm is a 1,539 room, ocean-themed destination resort located at the centre of the crescent of the man-made Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. This US$1.5 billion joint venture project was developed with Dubai Government owned, Istithmar. Opened 24 September 2008, the resort utilises the 46 hectares site with 17 hectares of water park amusement, further marine and entertainment attractions and a collection of some of the most renowned world-class chefs including Nobu, Giorgio Locatelli, Santi Santamaria and Michel Rostang. Atlantis, The Palm offers an unprecedented entertainment centre, an impressive collection of luxury boutiques and shops and extensive meeting and convention facilities. It is home to one of the largest open-air marine habitats in the world, with some 65,000 marine animals in lagoons and displays including The Lost Chambers, a maze of underwater corridors and passageways providing a journey through ancient Atlantis.
KERZNER INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LIMITED, through its subsidiaries, is a leading international developer and operator of destination resorts, casinos and luxury hotels. Kerzner's flagship brand is Atlantis, which includes Atlantis, Paradise Island, a 2,900-room ocean-themed destination resort in The Bahamas. This unique destination features a variety of accommodations, including the new resort The Cove Atlantis, all built around a 100-acre waterscape with over 20 million gallons of fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools and habitats, the world's largest open-air marine habitat and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Kerzner is extending its Atlantis brand globally with the development of Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai, a 1,500-room, water-themed resort expected to open in September 2008 on The Palm, Jumeirah. Kerzner has also commenced construction of a 600-room, destination casino resort in Morocco that will open in 2009, which will be operated by Kerzner under a new brand that it will be introducing to the market. Kerzner also manages five luxury resort hotels under the One&Only brand. The resorts, featuring some of the top-rated properties in the world, are located in The Bahamas, Mexico, Mauritius, the Maldives and Dubai. Additional One&Only properties are currently in the development stages in South Africa, Zanzibar and Costa Rica. For more information concerning Kerzner and its operating subsidiaries, visit kerzner.com.
Posted by rodeime
Last 30 Days' Most Popular Posts
Sydney's Menzies Hotel was opened on 17th October 1963, by Premier R.J. Heffron and named after Sir Archibald Menzies, a pioneer in...
UPDATED: 26 July 2020 Old shops, George St Marulan. The red-fronted shop is the Coronation Store opened in 1902 in the year of the ...
In the early days, settlements were often named after governors and their relatives and South Australia was particularly punctilious in...
Gundula Holbrook from a 1921 painting Gundula Holbrook: I was born in Austria m the widow of the late Commander Norman Holbrook VC, the...
Explorers; Hume and Hovell, passed through the region around Gundagai, ancient home of the Wiradjuri people , in November 1824 and by t...
Bathing was uncomfortable for both adults and children before World War I. Modesty demanded that as much as possible of the body was ...