Friday, May 14, 2010
Wicked Winter Special - NZ From $10* A Day
A winter holiday in New Zealand offers breath taking scenery, awesome snow and a long ski season - and now you can do it for as little as $NZ10 a day in a Wicked campervan.
Wicked Campers director and founder, John Webb, said holidaying in a budget campervan allowed you to experience the countryside and have plenty of money left over for skiing, snowboarding and other wicked adventures.
“You can self-drive when you want; where you want; with whom you want - and on a budget that suits you,” he said.
“Ski holidays are normally considered very expensive, but a campervan makes it affordable because it combines the cost of travel and accommodation into one low price.
“Our winter special makes it even cheaper, with vans available for $NZ27 per day for the first 14 days, and additional days at just $NZ10 per day.”
Wicked Winter Special
2-Wheel Drive Campers
- 14 days @ $NZ27 per day
- Extra days $NZ10 per day
4-Wheel Drive Campers
- 14 days @ $NZ37 per day
- Extra days $NZ10 per day
Snow chains are available for the campervans and Wicked customers are also able to hire cheap snow equipment from Snow Biz stores across New Zealand.
The slopes on the south island of are revered for their plentiful snow and arguably the longest ski season in Australasia.
There are several ski hotspots:
• Christchurch – provides the ultimate winter holiday with easy access to après activities and Canterbury’s 18 ski areas. The area is a true winter wonderland with a spectacular ocean to Alps backdrop.
• Methven – Canterbury’s ski hub located at the foot of Mt Hutt. One hour from Christchurch, Methven is an alpine themed village offering a more tranquil, country experience.
• Lake Wanaka – NZ’s largest ski-able terrain is the quieter cousin to Queenstown. It is home to Snow Park, the ultimate playground for freestyle skiers and riders, as well as Snow Farm, the country’s only cross country ski area.
• Mackenzie – With Lake Tekapo at its heart, it is one of the most spectacular places to ski in NZ.
• Queenstown – NZ’s premier four season lake and Alpine resort. This vibrant resort town has a lively après ski culture and abundance of off piste activities.
It’s never been easier to reach New Zealand with heaps of flights across the Tasman offering great value, plus the exchange rate makes your money go a lot further.
Wicked campers are available in 2, 3 or 5 seater models, as well as 4WDs for off-road use.
Each van is has a kitchenette with cooking burner, countertop, sink, ice box, pots and pans, cutlery, camping stools and bed, which sleeps up to three people.
If you’re travelling in a Wicked camper, you’ll also have the peace of mind of 24-hour roadside assistance.
“When you hire a Wicked camper, the only thing to worry about is where to go next,” Mr Webb said.
Wicked has a fleet of 350 campervans on the road in New Zealand, with depots in Christchurch, Auckland, Wellington, Picton and Queenstown.
The Brisbane based company also has 800 vehicles across Australia and has recently expanded overseas with depots in Canada, USA, Thailand, Chile, Africa and the UK, as well as remote depots all over Europe.
To make a booking, phone Wicked Campers on 1800 246 869 or visit their website http://www.wickedcampers.com.au/