Thursday, December 10, 2009
Kids Love Holidays in Aspen/Snowmass
Aspen/Snowmass offers a variety of activities that appeal to all family members when on vacation. There are vast arrays of options available for kids to enjoy on and off the mountain.
1. The Treehouse Kids' Adventure Centre at Snowmass is a one-stop-shop for Ski & Snowboard School check-in and rental/retail. The center also boasts children's entertainment from a family-friendly climbing gym to teen activities to a host of themed rooms for ages eight weeks and older.
2. Othello's Rail Riders - Just a few steps away from the Sundeck restaurant on Aspen Mountain, former competitive skateboarder and snowboarder, Othello, partners with the Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen/Snowmass to teach rail riding. Camp attendees will learn to get on a rail properly, terrain park etiquette, balance, how to land tricks, what not to do! The camp also has a hut with mini skate park and is the ultimate in cool.
3. Kid's Mountain Guide – Use the guide to find trails marked specifically for kids' like Fort Frog, our children's adventure centre featuring a western-style fort, Screamin' Eagle run or Grouse Grove. As always, kids ages 6 & under ski/ride for FREE on all four mountains.
4. Feel the need for speed? Want to compare best times with your friends? Head up to the public on-mountain NASTAR race course where souvenir pins are awarded for first through third places.
5. Winter Wild Things – In this Ski & Snowboard School program, kids learn about snow survival and tracking the wild animals of Aspen/Snowmass.
6. The Aspen Recreation Centre – "The ARC" is home to an NHL-size ice skating rink, two pools, including a lap and diving pool, two-story water slide, lazy river and spray features, a 32 foot tall climbing tower, and more. www.aspenrecreation.com
7. The Snowmass Recreation Centre – new this year. 18,000 square-feet of indoor space of pure fun! Includes a new gymnasium, bouldering and climbing walls, aerobics rooms, the state-of-the-art cardio and equipment room, plus outside are the unique heated saline pools - which feel like spa water and use a mild salt water rather than pool chemicals. Lap pool, kiddie pool, general pool with water features, and hot tub. www.snowmassrecreation.com.
8. Storytelling, Sing-A-longs and Kid's Krafts – Storytelling by the Campfire, Sing-A-Longs by the campfire and Kid's Krafts continue throughout the weekdays in Snowmass. Keep the kids entertained after a day on the slopes for FREE.
9. Ice Skating - Bundle up and lace those skates up for a little glide around the rink. Aspen/Snowmass offers both indoor and outdoor skating facilities for everyone's enjoyment. The Lewis Ice Arena at the ARC is a state-of-the-art, Olympic-size sheet of ice with full programs for all abilities. The Aspen Ice Garden is located in town at the corner of Hyman and 2nd Street. For outdoor skating the Silver Circle Ice Skating Rink is located across from Rubey Park at the base of Aspen Mountain.
10. X Games Terrain Park and Pipe - The very best skiers and riders in the world descend upon Buttermilk Mountain each year to compete in the grand daddy of action sports events, the ESPN Winter X Games. The terrain park and pipe is open for the public to enjoy before this annual epic event. What an experience for a winter sports enthusiast to be able to ride the same rails and perform tricks in the same pipe as their heroes.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Last 30 Days' Most Popular Posts
Sydney's Menzies Hotel was opened on 17th October 1963, by Premier R.J. Heffron and named after Sir Archibald Menzies, a pioneer in...
It was as a child in the Albury district that cartoonist Ken Maynard came to love the Ettamogah countryside, and he later immortalised ...
Orion Expedition Cruises, in association with Events Worldwide, is showcasing the Singapore Formula 1 Singtel Grand Prix with options of 3 o...
Explorers; Hume and Hovell, passed through the region around Gundagai, ancient home of the Wiradjuri people , in November 1824 and by t...
source: travelworldnews.com Small Ship industry cruise veteran Dave Randon has accepted the position of Vice President, Sales and Marketing ...
Mario Morgano was born on Capri in 1919. He moved to Genoa, where he graduated with a degree in law. Even during his university years, ...
Post a Comment
Do you have details to add? Please enter them here.