Monday, December 14, 2009
Summer in Thredbo is Cool
Thredbo is open and all go, with a mountain full of fun for every member of the family. There’s a great backyard to explore and plenty of in-resort activities to keep everyone busy, and being so close to the top of Australia the options are endless.
The ski boots are now well and truly packed away, hiking boots are now the norm and standing before you are the majestic Australian Alps showcasing some of countries best alpine experiences.
Thredbo Summer highlights:
· Hike to the top of Mt Kosciuszko (only 6km’s from the top of Thredbo)
· Mountain bike the cross country trails or the Thredbo Downhill
· Fly fish the famous Snowy Mountains waterways
· Guided mountain walks
· Wander through the wildflowers
· Kosciuszko Sunset Walk
· Early morning walk – the bird song is amazing
· Stay for 3 pay for 2 package thredbo.com.au/deals
For those who like to stay in-resort Thredbo has a plethora of activities to keep you busy.
· Kosciuszko Express Chairlift for scenic trips or access to the High Country
· Thredbo Bobsled
· Australia’s highest golf course, AGU rated 9 hole and very pretty (tricky too)
· Tennis courts
· Thredbo Leisure Centre with a water slide, 50m and 25m heated pool, squash court, gymnasium, bouldering wall, and basketball courts.
· Self guided walks
· Thredbo Ski Museum
Plus the summer calendar is full of fab events with something sure to pique your interests.
· New Years Eve
· Holiday activities including The Lavender Lily magik show and creative workshops
· Blues Festival
· CMC Rocks the Snowys
· BMC – Mountains to the Beach mountain bike adventure
· Mountain biking competitions
· Jazz Festival
thredbo.com.au or call the Thredbo Resort Centre on 1300 020 589
Posted by rodeime
Last 30 Days' Most Popular Posts
Sydney's Menzies Hotel was opened on 17th October 1963, by Premier R.J. Heffron and named after Sir Archibald Menzies, a pioneer in...
In 1935 Mr JM Smith established the firm of I M Smith and Co. which carried with it the Ford Company franchise in Urana. The motor business ...
Everywhere you turn lately, it seems, people are talking about climate change, global warming, carbon offsets and lower emissions. Is it ...
It was as a child in the Albury district that cartoonist Ken Maynard came to love the Ettamogah countryside, and he later immortalised ...
WINNER IN the HERITAGE CATEGORY The Sofitel Legend Metropole will glitter again at the PATA Gold Awards 2010 ceremony, taking place on 17th ...
Every map tells a story; it reflects the individual mapmaker's particular perception of the world. Maps are a graphic representation of ...