Top cruise achievers shine
More than 350 Australian and New Zealand travel agents and cruise suppliers packed Dockside, Darling Harbour on Saturday night for the 9th Annual Cruise Industry Awards dinner.
The International Cruise Council Australasia recognised 14 outstanding achievements from 2009 for their contribution to the growing Australasian cruise market.
The award winners included:
- Consumer Promotion of the Year Australia – Cruise Travel Centre, Kotara
- Consumer Promotion of the Year New Zealand – Mondo Travel
- Media Award – Stephen Scourfield
- Rising Star New Zealand – Faith Xin Xin Shen, Midday Travel, Auckland
- Rising Star Australia – Samantha Griffiths, Champagne Travel, Mandurah WA
- Outstanding Contribution to the Cruise Industry by an Individual (Neil Frazer Award) – Richard Cranmer
- Cruise Consultant of the Year Australia (Frank Johnson Award) – Christa Kinnear, Phil Hoffmann Travel, Glenelg SA
- Cruise Consultant of the Year New Zealand (Frank Johnson Award) – Alison Kearney, House of Travel, Howick
- Bronze Cruise Agency of the Year New Zealand – Fine Travel Auckland
- Silver Cruise Agency of the Year New Zealand – House of Travel Remuera
- Gold Cruise Agency of the Year New Zealand – House of Travel Howick
- Bronze Cruise Agency of the Year Australia – Ozcruising, Phillip ACT
- Silver Cruise Agency of the Year Australia – Best Cruises, Leederville WA
- Gold Cruise Agency of the Year Australia – Phil Hoffmann Travel, Glenelg SA
"To be voted for by the suppliers you are selling is the highest recognition," said ICCA general manager, Brett Jardine
Cruise Weekly, proud sponsors of the Cruise Industry Awards, would like to congratulate all of the winners and finalists for their great accomplishment.
More cruise awards coverage in today's Travel Daily, and Cruise Weekly on Thursday will have all the photos, glitz and glamour of the night.